A soft feel thermoplastic polyurethane two-layer seam tape with high melting hot melt. Suitable for all coated and laminated and stretchy fabrics. It is widely used by manufacturers of fashionable rainwear, skiwear, and other work wear apparel to waterproof sewn seams. Suitable for light to medium weight fabrics used by high branded sports wear produces.
Product technical data (T2U5GY)
||T2UGY seam tape
- Adhesive Softening Point: 155-175°F (70-80°C)
- Thickness: 0,005″ (0.120 mm)
- Sevice temperature: -22°F to 122 °F (-30°C to 50°C)
- Color: Translucent
- Finish: Smooth Finish
- Standard Widht: 20, 22 mm
- Dry-cleaning: Resistant
- Washing 50°C
- Surface layer : Polyurethan film
- Adhesive layer: Hot melt adhesive glue
- Roll: 200 mtrs
- Box: 26 rolls / 5 200 mtrs)
- Air temperature: 950-1020 °F (500 -550 °C)
- Air presure: 12-15 PSI (0.85-1.0 kG/cm2)
- Roller upper/lower: rubber/steel
- Roller heater temp.: Off
- Roller speed: 4-5 m/min
- Roller presure: 45-60 PSI (3-4 kG/cm2)
- Distance A: 0.080″-0.118″ (2-3 mm)
- Distance B: 0.200-0.320″ (5-8 mm)
- Recommended seam tape application conditions will vary between different between different machinery and fabrics. The recommended conditions stated are a starting point only. Optimal conditions should be established by the factory for the specific application. Machine used in testing QUEEN LIGHT QHP-805, upper roller made from rubber, lower roller made from steel.
- Packing can vary depending of customer’s needs. Please always ask before ordering.
- The sealing process is completed when full width tape bond is achieved when the adhesive layer on the tape bonds firmly with the fabric membrane. The most important condition is to achieve the correct melting point of the adhesive from the tape. We suggest using an IR thermometer to check the actual machine temperature to achieve the perfect result.
- WE ALWAYS RECOMMEND SENDING SAMPLES OF YOUR FABRIC TO OUR LABORATORY FOR PRELIMINARY TESTING.
- NOTICE: Seller hereby excludes any express warranties and the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The following is made in lieu of any such warranties. Seam Seal Inc. believes the information and specifications supplied are reliable, but does not guarantee that any results shown or claimed will be obtained. Before using, the user shall determine the suitability and fitness of the product for its intended use. The user assumes all risks and liability whatever in connection with its own tests and use. Neither seller nor manufacturer shall be liable for any injury, low or damage, direct of consequential, arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the product.