A thermoplastic polyurethane single-layer seam tape. The tape is excellent on breathable and non-breathable coated and laminated material. It is widely used by manufacturers of fashionable rainwear, skiwear, and other work wear apparel to waterproof sewn seams. The tape exhibits excellent adhesion and gives perfect 100% waterproof cross seam sealing. Suitable for light to medium weight fabrics. Commercially the tape offers a lower cost solution when the production cost is also a key factor.The tape is a new modified version for large volume manufacturers.
Product technical data (T1U5LM)
||T1U5LM seam tape
- Adhesive Softening Point: 155-175°F (70-80°C)
- Thickness: 0,004″ (0.100 mm)
- Sevice temperature: -22°F to 122 °F (-30°C to 50°C)
- Color: Translucent
- Finish: Smooth Finish
- Standard Widht: 20, 22 mm
- Dry-cleaning: Resistant
- Washing 60°C
- One layer: Hot melt adhesive glue
- Roll: 300 yards (275 mtrs)
- Box: 10 rolls / 3000 yards (2 750 mtrs)
- Air temperature: 950-1020 °F (500 -550 °C)
- Air presure: 12-15 PSI (0.85-1.0 kG/cm2)
- Roller upper/lower: rubber/steel
- Roller heater temp.: Off
- Roller speed: 4-5 m/min
- Roller presure: 45-60 PSI (3-4 kG/cm2)
- Distance A: 0.080″-0.118″ (2-3 mm)
- Distance B: 0.200-0.320″ (5-8 mm)
- Recommended seam tape application conditions will vary between different between different machinery and fabrics. The recommended conditions stated are a starting point only. Optimal conditions should be established by the factory for the specific application. Machine used in testing QUEEN LIGHT QHP-805, upper roller made from rubber, lower roller made from steel.
- Packing can vary depending of customer’s needs. Please always ask before ordering.
- The sealing process is completed when full width tape bond is achieved when the adhesive layer on the tape bonds firmly with the fabric membrane. The most important condition is to achieve the correct melting point of the adhesive from the tape. We suggest using an IR thermometer to check the actual machine temperature to achieve the perfect result.
- WE ALWAYS RECOMMEND SENDING SAMPLES OF YOUR FABRIC TO OUR LABORATORY FOR PRELIMINARY TESTING.
- NOTICE: Seller hereby excludes any express warranties and the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The following is made in lieu of any such warranties. Seam Seal Inc. believes the information and specifications supplied are reliable, but does not guarantee that any results shown or claimed will be obtained. Before using, the user shall determine the suitability and fitness of the product for its intended use. The user assumes all risks and liability whatever in connection with its own tests and use. Neither seller nor manufacturer shall be liable for any injury, low or damage, direct of consequential, arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the product.